Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Best Friend's Wedding

My Best Friends Wedding

Yes, this is the same friend who 'broke up' with me around two weeks ago. We later caught up for wedding shopping again...and she re-invited me for her wedding. I have always wanted to attend a Sikh wedding and as she is a very close friend, she told me to come for all functions - Roka, Sagan, Mehendi, Anand Karaj and Reception, which I was very happy to attend. This time, the mehendi applied on my hands came out much darker than ever before.

Mehendi on my hands

I was really looking forward to the wedding function at the Gurudwara, as I have never been to a Gurudwara before. We had to keep our shoes outside, cover our heads with a dupatta and wash our hands and feet before entering. The Sikh Granthi said the prayers in Punjabi, the couple took four pheras (rounds) of the Guru Granth Sahib and we were given sooji halwa as prasad. It was a really great experience.

I wish a happy married life to my friend and her husband, who happens to be my colleague.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You got some really beautiful hands. Lucky that you caught up with your best friend. I am not so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you enjoyed attending the wedding...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the Parshad is made of regular flour (atta) and is called Kadah Parshad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sifar - thanx :) I hope u get back with ur friend too....I made the first move, maybe u should too!!

    Sidhusaaheb - I sure did!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you. Please post a comment below to let us know what you think!