While 2012 was a recession year, many high-net worth individuals still found money to splurge on some of the world's most expensive things, and live a luxurious lifestyle. Let's take a look at some of the world's most expensive things in 2012:
- Worlds's Most Expensive Car: This car is the Bugatti Veyron Supersport, which is priced at S2,600,000
- World's Most Expensive Dog: This dog is a fuzzy Red Tibetan Mastiff dog named Big Splash. The dog is a rare breed, and was sold for the price of $1,500,000.
- Worlds's Most Expensive Watch: This luxury watch is the diamond encrusted 201 carat Chopard watch, priced at a whopping $25,000,000.
- World's Most Expensive House: Beating luxury mansions and private island homes in the most developed nations, Gujrati businessman's monstrous home in Mumbai, India takes this honour. This 27-floor skyscraper is valued at a mind-numbing figure of $2,000,000,000.
- Most Expensive Shoes: These shoes are the Harry Winston Ruby slippers priced at $3,000,000. These shoes were made to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Wizard of Oz. Also, see this diamond studded Cinderella shoe, priced at $500,000 for a single shoe.
- The Most Expensive Private Yacht: This yacht is the magnificent 'Eclipse' yacht, which is priced at a huge $590,000,000. Also see this list of cool luxury private yachts and Boeing VIP private jets.
- World's Most Expensive Mobile Phone Case: This is the diamond-studded London Lotus iPhone 5 case, which is priced at a $302,985.
- Most Expensive Christmas Tree: This is the pure-gold Mickey Mouse Christmas tree, which is made by Japanese jeweller Ginza Tanaka, and displayed in Japan. It is priced at a majestic $4,200,000.
- World's Most Expensive Horse: This horse is a thoroughbred colt named Green Monkey. He was purchased for $16,000,000 at an auction, and will race in the Kentucky Derby.
- World's Most Expensive Kitchen: This is the Fiore De Cristallo luxury kitchen, which is priced at about $1,604,700.
What do you think of this list of the world's most expensive things in 2012? Would you like to add any other expensive items to it?