- Colds: Mix a gram of dalchini (cinnamon) powder with a teaspoon of honey to cure cold. Another natural cure for cold is to prepare a cup of tea, before adding ginger, clove, bay leaf and black pepper to it. Consume this twice a day, and reduce the intake as the cold disappears.
- Runny Nose: Ginger tea is very good natural remedy for cold. Prepare the tea by cutting ginger into small pieces and boiling it with water. Add sugar and milk according to taste, and drink it while it is hot.
- Dry coughs: Add a gram of turmeric (haldi) powder to a teaspoon of honey, and swallow it. You can also cure a dry cough by chewing cardamom (elaichi) for a long time.
- Blocked Nose: A natural cure for relieving congestion is to crush a tablespoon of carom seeds (ajwain), tie it in a cloth and inhale it.
- Sore throat: Add a teaspoon of cumin seeds (jeera) and a few small pieces of dry ginger to a glass of boiling water. Let it simmer it for a few minutes, before letting it cool. Drink this natural remedy twice daily. This will not only cure cold, but also heal a sore throat.
Tuesday, August 09, 2011
Natural Cure For Colds and Coughs
Here are some Indian natural cures for colds and coughs: